Project update 21/05/2021

Talks about solar stuff
jeanmarc

Project update 21/05/2021

Post by jeanmarc » Fri May 21, 2021 8:32 am

Dear users,

123solar will turn 10 years old in few weeks. It's been a while and I've really enjoyed learning while having fun.
That said, to tell the truth, i've no motivation to continue much development and improvement.

It's not that I abandoned the project but I rather left it to the community. The code is available on github https://github.com/jeanmarc77/123solar.
I never wanted to put it on such platform to avoid bad forkings and to keep consistency. Meanwhile, I have to admit that I don't code much these days and the project has stalled.
I think it's wise now to see further, I'm sure some devs will continue the work. The code is really simple, I just hope the code, the UI will respect the principle : Simple while powerfull.

As always, I will be available for any support or help. The 123solar website/forum will be closed in a year or so, as it costs me money and time to maintain.
Let's see where it will go now, I'll give hands to you :)

On my side, I will have to learn how github works (push requests and so) and to maintain it.

The first thing that needs working on is updating the releases through github.
I keep a list of ideas i wanted to work on here https://github.com/jeanmarc77/123solar/wiki/Ideas

Last but not least words are to thank you, users, especially those who lend to kiva or make a small donation to me. It was really encouraging.
A warm thanks also to developpers (Curt, Roland and all the others I forgot to mention). Thanks also to Highcharts guys, that's a wonderful JS library.

So no worry, it's just another step and I'll keep on eye on what's happening.
See you all and enjoy life and the sun !

PS for meterN: I still have some things to work on, then it will go to community as well

flane

Re: Project update 21/05/2021

Post by flane » Sat May 22, 2021 8:39 am

Thanks Jean Marc for all your great work you have shared.
I hope it can continue, grow and improve with everyone's help.

Thanks Jean Mark

metus88

Re: Project update 21/05/2021

Post by metus88 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:46 am

Thanks a lot for all your time and code Jean Marc! I hope the best. Take care ;)